Summary of Qualifications
- Highly organized and articulate with expertise in marketing strategy and communications.
- Solid career designing, directing, and enhancing innovative visual solutions with measurable key performance indicators strongly connecting with users’ needs.
- Proven ability to effectively deliver products on time and under budget.
- Align and manage brands across internal and external customers and partners: leading short- and long-term creative strategies while driving cross-team collaboration efforts.
- Adept at communication, team mentoring, and client negotiation.
- Values project collaboration, understanding how to find the ideal intersection for clients and end-users.
- Other interests include perfumery, language, art history, and music.
UX Consultant, Virence Health
Seattle, WA / October 2018 – Present
- Representing the user experience discipline in a multi-disciplinary team by leveraging user-centered methods.
- Delivering detailed wireframes and any other documentation to development teams.
- Helping product owners to prioritize features based on user feedback and additional resources.
- Providing usability studies to support and/or explore design decisions.
- Collaborating and negotiating feature delivery based on user need vs. engineering time.
- Presenting design work with stakeholders.
Senior UX Designer III, Samsung Electronics America
Bellevue, WA / June 2015 – September 2018
- Designed UI/GUI applications with North American carriers (i.e., AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon) for all Samsung devices including smartphones, tablets, and wearables.
- Developed industry-leading solutions for an optimized customer experience and feasible UX design for advanced concept consideration.
UI/GUI Application Design:
- Call Protect (AT&T)
- DIRECTV Remote (AT&T)
- NumberSync (AT&T)
- Setup Wizard
- Visual Voicemail
- DIGITS Visual Voicemail (T-Mobile)
Senior UX Designer (Contract), Boeing
Everett, WA / October 2014 – May 2015
Led activities to recommend, design, develop, and document User Interface design for commercial aircraft BI automation tool.
- Evaluated current application to identify and guide heuristic recommendations.
- Interfaced with probable system users to validate usability solutions.
- Identified users within all levels of Boeing personnel to construct key user scenarios.
- Designed hi-fidelity wireframes of application.
- Presented wireframes to Key Stakeholders for feedback and iteration.
- Created visual design guidelines (redlines) of final wireframes for development team.
- Developed HTML prototypes to test key screens.
- Coordinated with development team for fit and finish of final product.
Creative Director, Allrecipes International
Seattle, WA / March – September 2014
- Responsible for overall site architecture, site flow, interaction design, advertising product design and integration, visual design, and brand guidelines.
- Responsible for the visual and user interface design for international digital sales and platforms.
- Managed visual designers to support the production of advertising collateral, advertising products, and editorial projects.
- Worked with Editorial to ensure that site UI and UX support taxonomy and content strategies.
- Worked with Product and Development to ensure that site UI and UX support SEO and product strategies, and that designs support technical strategies and protocols.
- Worked with Sales to understand advertiser needs and generated creative solutions to bring to market.
- Collaborated with US Creative and Brand teams to ensure consistency in brand execution, sharing best practices and leveraging company assets.
Senior UX Designer (Contract), Microsoft Corporation
Bellevue, WA / January 2013 – March 2014
- Converged Microsoft Billing Account Management information architecture and visual design with Microsoft Account into one portal.
- Generated design ideas, conceptualizing, designing and implementing prototypes, mock ups, task analysis, personas, user flows, wireframes and style guides.
- Presented and sold designs to product group, understanding customer needs and motivations and integrated them into product design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- Followed the Microsoft design language and utilized industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines and design specifications.
Senior Product Design Manager (Contract), T-Mobile
Bellevue, WA / September – December 2012
- Responsible for managing Entertainment, Security & Protection Cloud Services, and On-Device Marketing applications in T-Mobile branded services.
- Lead a virtual team of creative professionals to develop product and service design solutions.
- Met business goals and brand guidelines while staying within technical constraints.
- Presented work to senior leaders across the organization, gaining acceptance of program objectives, strategy, and creative executions.
- Advocated for customer needs and integrating user research in the design process.
- Determined the resources needed to achieve program goals and delegating responsibilities accordingly.
- Developed project priorities, milestones, deliverables, and timelines.
- Established and evangelized design strategy and process with our business stakeholders.
- Planned and controlled budget expenditures.
- Sourced and managed a creative talent pool of agencies and contractors.
- Conducted agency reviews, negotiating costs and work schedules.
- Established a consistent design language across all T-Mobile branded services: developing color palettes, layout guidelines, type systems, and interaction patterns.
Senior UX Designer (Contract), Microsoft Studios
Redmond, WA / March 2011 – August 2012
- Conceptualized, designed, developed, and executed design projects for XBOX console and web properties.
- Created wireframes, concepts and redline specs.
- Developed conceptual strategies and implementing graphic programs for various promotional campaigns: game launches, seasonal promotions, special events, franchise packaging, and channel and branding initiatives.
- Worked with marketing staff and producers to create on-brand design concepts.
- Maintained quality/brand control for all elements created by design department.
Corporate Creative Director, Sesame Communications
Seattle, WA / November 2009 – March 2011
- Managed $10m brand portfolio in the dental technology industry.
- Directed efforts of creative projects for the company.
- Collaborated with leadership across the company to define brand strategies.
- Contributed to new business development and marketing efforts.
- Developed and growing client relationships.
- Translated business objectives into compelling design strategies.
- Defined and managed market positions and strategies for the corporate parent brand, its umbrella brand of services, each individual service, and speaker bureau.
- Created electronic and printed marketing communications for corporate brand, its umbrella brand of services, each individual service, and speaker bureau.
- Redesigned and redeveloped the corporate website to present company brands as well as support the needs of individual departments.
- Met with stakeholders and company leadership to gather requirements.
- Delivered project plans with schedules and budgets.
- Catalogued website directory and pages.
- Developed new sitemap, business workflows, and page wireframes.
- Designed concept and creative direction website; developed site using progressive enhancement technique with XHTML and CSS3.
- Attracted more traffic to company website by improving the content writing that raised Search Engine Optimization rankings and results.
- Created a brand guide and style manual to document the brand strategies, company lexicon, as well as brand examples in collateral and presentations.
- Presented corporate brand and thought leadership internally.
- Educated sales team with influential brand strategies to shorten their sales cycle.
Founder & Creative Director, 6th Republic
Seattle, WA / June 2007 – December 2008
- Founded and launched a boutique agency focused on web design and development.
- Evaluated clients’ needs for short- and long-term growth strategies.
- Managed a portfolio of 8 projects generating $250,000 annual revenue.
- Launched startup clients with visual identities, brand style guides, brand collateral, and websites.
- Refined client websites with original creative direction for optimal user experiences and increased search engine traffic.
- Coordinated client projects from concept to product launch.
- Hired and managed freelance designers and developers.
- Composed operations plan for marketing strategy and market visibility.
- Drove business development activities.
- Defined business strategy and participated in ongoing sales activities.
- Wrote and negotiated proposals.
- Documented scope, budget, and details of statements of work and contracts.
BFA in Graphic Design
Printmaking & Book Arts
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- HTML5, CSS3, Intermediate XML
- Intermediate XAML