- Highly organized and articulate with expertise in marketing strategy and communications.
- Solid career designing, directing, and enhancing innovative visual solutions with measurable key performance indicators strongly connecting with users’ needs.
- Proven ability to effectively deliver products on time and under budget.
- Align and manage brands across internal and external customers and partners: leading short- and long-term creative strategies while driving cross-team collaboration efforts.
- Adept at communication, team mentoring, and client negotiation.
- Values project collaboration, understanding how to find the ideal intersection for clients and end-users.
- Other interests include perfumery, language, art history, and music.
- Brand Strategy
- Brand Management
- Graphic Design
- User Interface Design
- User Experience Design
- Responsive Design
- Content Creation and Development
Senior UX Designer III
Samsung Electronics America
June 2015 – Present | Bellevue, WA
UX Program Management for Samsung models including smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices. Responsible for UX/UI design of smartphone, tablet, and wearable applications for North American GSM carriers (i.e., AT&T, T-Mobile).
UX Program Management
- Gear S3
- Galaxy S7
- Galaxy S7 Edge
- Galaxy S7 Active
UX/UI Application Design
- DIRECTV Remote (AT&T)
- Visual Voicemail (AT&T)
- DIGITS Visual Voicemail (T-Mobile)
Senior UX Designer (Contract)
October 2014 – May 2015 | Everett, WA
- Led activities to recommend, design, develop and document User Interface design for commercial aircraft BI automation tool.
- Evaluated current application to identify and guide heuristic recommendations.
- Interfaced with probable system users to validate usability solutions.
- Identified users within all levels of Boeing personnel to construct key user scenarios.
- Designed hi-fidelity wireframes of application.
- Presented wireframes to Key Stakeholders for feedback and iteration.
- Created visual design guidelines (redlines) of final wireframes for development team.
- Developed HTML prototypes to test key screens.
- Coordinated with development team for fit and finish of final product.
Creative Director, International
March – September 2014 | Seattle, WA
Allrecipes International serves home cooks with editorial and user-generated recipes localized in Western, Cyrillic, and character-based languages.
- Responsible for overall site architecture, site flow, interaction design, advertising product design and integration, visual design, and brand guidelines.
- Responsible for the visual and user interface design for international digital sales and platforms.
- Managed visual designers to support the production of advertising collateral, advertising products, and editorial projects.
- Worked with Editorial to ensure that site UI and UX support taxonomy and content strategies.
- Worked with Product and Development to ensure that site UI and UX support SEO and product strategies, and that designs support technical strategies and protocols.
- Worked with Sales to understand advertiser needs and generating creative solutions to bring to market.
- Collaborated with US Creative and Brand teams to ensure consistency in brand execution, sharing best practices and leveraging company assets.
Senior UX Designer (Contract)
January 2013 – March 2014 | Bellevue, WA
Supported Microsoft Commerce Platform initiatives
- Converged Microsoft Billing Account Management information architecture and visual design with Microsoft Account into one portal.
- Generated design ideas, conceptualizing, designing and implementing prototypes, mock ups, task analysis, personas, user flows, wireframes and style guides.
- Presented and selling designs to product group, understanding customer needs and motivations and integrated them into product design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- Followed the Microsoft design language and utilized industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines and design specifications.
Senior Product Design Manager (Contract)
September – Dec 2012 | Bellevue, WA
Responsible for managing Entertainment, Security & Protection Cloud Services, and On-Device Marketing applications in T-Mobile branded services.
- Led a virtual team of creative professionals to develop product and service design solutions.
- Met business goals and brand guidelines while staying within technical constraints.
- Presented work to senior leaders across the organization, gaining acceptance of program objectives, strategy and creative executions.
- Advocated for customer needs and integrating user research in the design process.
- Determined the resources needed to achieve program goals and delegate responsibilities accordingly.
- Developed project priorities, milestones, deliverables and timelines.
- Established and evangelized design strategy and process with our business stakeholders.
- Planned and controlled budget expenditures.
- Sourced and managed a creative talent pool of agencies and contractors.
- Conducted agency reviews, negotiating costs and work schedules.
- Established a consistent design language across all T-Mobile branded services: developing color palettes, layout guidelines, type systems, and interaction patterns.
Senior UX Designer (Contract)
March 2011 – August 2012 | Redmond, WA
- Conceptualized, designed, developed, and executed design projects for console and web properties.
- Created wireframes, concepts and redline specs.
- Developed conceptual strategies and implementing graphic programs for various promotional campaigns: game launches, seasonal promotions, special events, franchise packaging, and channel and branding initiatives.
- Worked with marketing staff and producers to create on-brand design concepts.
- Maintained quality/brand control for all elements created by design department.
Corporate Creative Director
November 2009 – March 2011 | Seattle, WA
- Managed $10m brand portfolio in the dental technology industry.
- Directed efforts of creative projects for the company.
- Collaborated with leadership across the company to define brand strategies.
- Contributed to new business development and marketing efforts.
- Developed and growing client relationships.
- Translated business objectives into compelling design strategies.
- Defined and managed market positions and strategies for the corporate parent brand, its umbrella brand of services, each individual service, and speaker bureau.
- Created electronic and printed marketing communications for corporate brand, its umbrella brand of services, each individual service, and speaker bureau.
- Redesigned and redeveloped the corporate website to present company brands as well as support the needs of individual departments.
- Met with stakeholders and company leadership to gather requirements.
- Delivered project plans with schedules and budgets.
- Catalogued website directory and pages.
- Developed new sitemap, business workflows, and page wireframes.
- Designed concept and creative direction website; developed site using progressive enhancement technique with XHTML and CSS3.
- Attracted more traffic to company website by improving the content writing that raised Search Engine Optimization rankings and results.
- Created a brand guide and style manual to document the brand strategies, company lexicon, as well as brand examples in collateral and presentations.
- Presented corporate brand and thought leadership internally.
- Educated sales team with influential brand strategies to shorten their sales cycle.
Founder & Creative Director
June 2007 – December 2008 | Seattle, WA
- Founded and launched a boutique agency focused on web design and development.
- Evaluated clients’ needs for short- and long-term growth strategies.
- Managed a portfolio of 8 projects generating $250,000 annual revenue.
- Launched startup clients with visual identities, brand style guides, brand collateral, and websites.
- Refined client websites with original creative direction for optimal user experiences and increased search engine traffic.
- Coordinated client projects from concept to product launch.
- Hired and managed freelance designers and developers.
- Composed operations plan for marketing strategy and market visibility.
- Drove business development activities.
- Defined business strategy and participated in ongoing sales activities.
- Wrote and negotiated proposals.
- Documented scope, budget, and details of statements of work and contracts.
All Star Directories
January 2007 – December 2007 | Seattle, WA
- Designed Business-to-Consumer (B2C) websites targeting consumers interested in online and continuing education.
- Developed information architecture documentation for product managers and project managers.
- Implemented design and technical specifications with web developers to ensure product quality.
- Documented heuristics for all B2C websites.
January 2005 – February 2006 | Seattle, WA
- Acted on business development opportunities and presented proposals.
- Managed company vision and mission, client graphic information, design business, and company portfolios.
- Attended business development meetings to represent company’s creative proficiencies.
- Communicated with clients on a daily basis.
- Chose designers to best match skill sets to job- and client-type.
- Built and managed 7-person team of contract designers.
- Fostered and supported a collaborative team environment.
- Created and designed promotional printed materials and user-friendly web and application interfaces.
- Designed, directed and championed touch interface experience with sensitivity to multicultural application.
Art Director (Contract)
August 2003 – February 2005 | San Francisco, CA
- Designed image and identity campaigns, websites and promotional printed materials for BabyCenter.com as well as its retail channel The BabyCenter Store.
- Redesigned ParentCenter.com and expanded BabyCenter’s brand elements.
- Worked alongside software and web developers to redesign company’s internal content management system.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Intermediate Axure
- HTML5, CSS3, Intermediate XML
- Intermediate XAML
BFA in Graphic Design
Completed courses in Printmaking & Book Arts